Coronavirus. Poland in Red Zone. University in Remote Mode
on the temporary limitation of the functioning of the University of Opole in terms of conducting teaching in relation topreventing, counteracting and combating COVID-19
Pursuant to Art. 23(2)(2) of Act of 20 July 2018 Law on Higher Education and Science ((Journal of Laws of 2020 Item 85 as amended) and Section 1(4) and Section (2)(2) of Regulation of the Minister of Science and Higher Education 16 October 2020 on the temporary limitation of the functioning of some entities of the system of higher education and science in relation to preventing, counteracting and combating COVID-19 (Journal of Laws of 2020, Item 1835), Rector of the University of Opole hereby orders the following:
1. The regulation provides for the operation of the University of Opole in terms of the manner of teaching under conditions of preventing, counteracting and combating COVID-19, in the period of a state of epidemic emergency or state of epidemic.
2. The rules set out in this Regulation are valid until further notice.
1. Teaching at the University of Opole shall be conducted in a remote mode, with the use of distance learning methods and techniques (remote mode), and in exceptional situations in a direct contact and mixed (hybrid) mode.
1. Classes which, due to the specifics of the subject or stage of education, cannot be conducted using distance learning will be conducted in whole or in part in the buildings of the University of Opole.
2. The decision regarding the conduct of classes referred to in subsection 1 shall be made by the Dean, taking into account the current epidemic situation
3. When making the decision referred to in subsection 2, the Dean determines the conditions for conducting classes and using the required infrastructure, ensuring the safety of the persons conducting and participating in the classes.
4. The Dean shall forthwith inform the Rector of the University of Opole about the decision referred to in subsection 2. The Rector of the UO may change the Dean's decision by specifying a different way of conducting classes, with a view to ensuring proper didactic process and binding hygienic and sanitary requirements.
1. The provisions of Section 3 shall apply accordingly to classes conducted at the doctoral school, doctoral studies as well as postgraduate studies.
2. The decision referred to in subsection 1 shall be taken by:
- head of the doctoral school - in respect of classes conducted at the doctoral school
- head of doctoral studies - in respect of doctoral studies;
- head of postgraduate studies - in respect of postgraduate programmes;
Students, including doctoral students, may conduct research work at the premises of the University of Opole with the consent of the head of the organisational unit if the hygienic and sanitary requirements are observed during the work.
1. In the case of conducting classes in the facilities of the University of Opole, teachers are obliged to carry out the classes in a manner ensuring compliance with hygienic and sanitary requirements. Participants of the classes are obliged to carry out the instructions of teachers and other employees of the University of Opole related to the implementation of hygienic and sanitary requirements, under pain of refusal to be allowed into the classes or asked to leave the classes immediately.
2. All activities are undertaken taking into account the applicable regulations, including decisions, recommendations and guidelines of the State Sanitary Inspectorate.
3. The actions take also take into account the recommendations of the Ministry of Science and Higher Education in the field of environmental guidelines in connection with the partial restoration of the university functioning.
4. The classes conducted in the buildings of the University of Opole can be attended only by persons who:
- are not infected with SARS-CoV-2 virus;
- have not experienced even one of the symptoms characteristic for COVID-disease;
- are not staying with a person infected with SARS-CoV-2 virus or with a person with symptoms referred to in point 2.
Regulation shall enter into force on the day of signature.
Rector of the University of Opole
Prof. Dr habil. Marek Masnyk