CORONAVIRUS. University Library Remotely Only
Announcement of the Director of the University Library of Opole of 8 November 2020 on principles of using the services of the Library of the UO from 9 November to 29 November.
In accordance with the Regulation of the Council of Ministers of 6 November 2020 on the establishment of certain restrictions, orders and prohibitions in relation to the state of the epidemic, we kindly inform that from 9 November 2020 the Library of the University of Opole will operate remotely only.
Therefore, it is not possible to enter the library premises and use the collections on the spot and to collect ordered books in the lending rooms.
All books ordered before November 09, 2020 will be available for collection after November 29, 2020.
Due charges to the library can be made only through the PayU system (this option is available after logging in, in the "User account" tab, in the "Charges - not settled).
To meet the needs of our readers who have not managed to set up an account in the Library and want to use electronic resources, we offer the possibility of setting up an account remotely.
In order to activate a library account in the library and information system of UO it is enough to send an email to the address of any library http://bg.uni.opole.pl/system-biblioteczno-informacyjny-uo/. In the message you should provide your name, field of study, student ID number and attach a scan of the completed and signed declaration available here. The original of the declaration should be delivered to the library on the occasion of the first visit to the library after the reopening of libraries.
At the time of restricted access to the library premises, we provide assistance and services in the field of:
- searching for information in catalogues and scientific databases available online,
- making digital copies of fragments of indicated works from the University Library's collection, under the provisions of the Copyright Act),
- registering publications in the UO Knowledge Base on an ongoing basis,
- developing bibliometric analyses.
In view of these circumstances, the UO Library recommends its users to use electronic resources, including
- electronic books - about 270 000 titles of Polish and foreign textbooks and monographs - http://bg.uni.opole.pl/category/ebook/
- electronic journals - 10 450 scholarly journals -
- databases - 56 specialist bases with electronic journal - http://bg.uni.opole.pl/bazy-danych-2/
NOTE: In all cases concerning electronic collections, as well as in the event of problems with reaching the literature concerning the implementation of the curriculum, please contact the Scientific Information and Knowledge Base Unit of the UO, tel. +48 77 401 6145 or e-mail: email@example.com.